Work place health and safety
eLearning Educational Solutions is committed to providing and maintaining the best possible standard of work place health and safety for everyone at eLearning Educational Solution’s places of work, including employees, contractors and visitors.
In realising its commitment, eLearning Educational Solutions will comply with all relevant work place health and safety legislation.
eLearning Educational Solutions recognises that the best way to manage work place health and safety is through management and staff working together to identify and solve work place health and safety problems. eLearning Educational Solutions is committed to regular consultation with staff, and where necessary with contractors and suppliers of equipment and services, to make sure occupational health and safety is being effectively managed.
Senior management within eLearning Educational Solutions acknowledges that there is a primary legal responsibility given to all those in management positions for the health and safety of the people who work under their direction. Senior management will make sure that work place health and safety responsibilities are appropriately defined and delegated and that trainers receive necessary training and resources to carry out their work place health and safety responsibilities.
All trainers have a duty to provide and maintain, as far as is practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to health. To carry out this responsibility, management and trainers must:
- Ensure eLearning Educational Solutions work place health and safety policy and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Make sure work place health and safety duties are identified and assigned to appropriate employees.
- Make sure regular discussion on work place health and safety between staff and management takes place.
- Make sure that all procedures that relate to work place health and safety, such as purchasing, training, hazard management, first aid, emergency action and evacuation, are regularly revised and continue to meet eLearning Educational Solution’s work place health and safety needs and responsibilities
- Provide necessary information, training and appropriate supervision to all eLearning Educational Solutions employees to enable them to understand and follow safe working procedures.
- Investigate and report on all work place health and safety incidents and accidents so that weaknesses in the eLearning Educational Solutions work place health and safety system can be identified and corrected.
- Keep up to date with developments in work place health and safety legislation and standards which impact on their work area.
- Make sure that all contractors engaged to carry out work for eLearning Educational Solutions understand the safety standards expected of them and meet these standards in the way they carry out their work.
- Make sure that the suppliers of equipment and services understand the safety standards expected of them and that the equipment meets appropriate standards and legislative requirements.
- Monitor current work placel health and safety performance and try to achieve a steadily improving standard of work place health and safety performance.
Staff of eLearning Educational Solutions have a legal responsibility to actively contribute towards maintaining a healthy and safe workplace.
To do this, staff must:
- Work safely at all times to protect their own health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone with whom they work, and the health and safety of any other person who is at their work site.
- Report to their supervisor any hazards they encounter in their working day.
- Cooperate with all safety programs being implemented by eLearning Educational Solutions and follow specified safe systems of work.
- Participate in work place health and safety consultation and training initiatives and use personal protective equipment and clothing that is specified for their work and supplied by eLearning Educational Solutions.
This work place health and safety policy will be regularly reviewed to take account of changes in how we do our work and changes in the legal requirements for work place health and safety.
Management of eLearning Educational Solutions seeks the cooperation of all employees in realising our work place health and safety objectives and in creating a healthy and safe working environment.